Did you like how we did? Rate your experience!

Rated 4.5 out of 5 stars by our customers 561

Award-winning PDF software

review-platform review-platform review-platform review-platform review-platform

Video instructions and help with filling out and completing Fill Form 2220 Overpayment

Instructions and Help about Fill Form 2220 Overpayment

So, I was just informed by Social Security that they say I got an overpayment. Um, when I stopped collecting disability benefits, supposedly over $22,000, but I can't pay. I really can't pay anything. I've got children, I'm just making it, and I don't know what to do. 2. Yeah, so one thing you can do is apply for a waiver of the overpayment. There are two conditions that you have to meet in order for Social Security to waive the overpayment and forgive the debt. 3. The first condition is that Social Security made a mistake. A good example of that would be if you did go to work and faithfully reported it to Social Security, but they didn't adjust your check and kept sending you the same amount even though you informed them. 4. The second position is that you can't afford to pay. You need to fill out a form called "Request for Waiver of Overpayment Recovery" (form SSA-63), which you can find online at ssa.gov. This form requires you to make a budget, detailing your expenses and income. 5. You can bring documentation to support your budget, such as receipts or canceled checks. For example, you can provide a canceled rent check or a copy of your PG&E bill. These documents will help to show the amount you pay in rent and other expenses. 6. By filling out the form and providing the necessary documentation, you can demonstrate that Social Security made a mistake and that you can't afford to pay the overpayment. This will increase your chances of getting a waiver. 7. Remember to submit all the required information and documentation to Social Security when you go. This will save you a trip to the Social Security office and ensure that your request is processed efficiently.